Monday, June 22

Reflection Paper #11

In the beginning of this semester, I was confused which lesson I should choose to learn.  I asked my friend who chose CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) last semester what would I get if I choose this lesson.  She told me that if I was interesting in learning English, I can learn lots of tools on the Internet.  These tools will be useful in the future when I learn English.  After considering, I decided to choose CALL as I want to improve my English ability including speaking, reading, listening, and writing.
In the first class of CALL, teacher introduced what to do in the following semester.  At first, I still had no idea what would I get in this lesson.  The first thing teacher asked us to do is establishing our own blog and posted an article to introduce ourselves briefly.  In the following class, teacher told us lots of Internet tools and taught us how to use them effectively such as Internet dictionaries, OpenCourseWare, TED, and so on.
OpenCourseWare is a website which has a lot of lessons you can choose to learn.  The lesson in this website is not confined to the specific themes; I can learn lots of multiple lessons on it.  Therefore, I can use this Internet tool to not only improve my listening ability but broaden my horizons.
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks.  TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics from science to business to global issues in more than 100 languages.  Because of the extensive topic, I can use TED to listen the talks without buying any ticket and get the experience of others.

Now, it is the end of this semester.  I obtain lots of Internet tools to learning English.  I believe that they must be the important tools in learning English in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment