I think the learner's dictionaries is good for me to learn vocabulary I don't know before. In the dictionary, there are definitions, examples, the usable methods, and so on. English learners can use it to know more and more words they don't know before. If I have the English homework, I can use the dictionary to search the new vocabulary. I also can improve my English ability through it. Here are five words I use learner's dictionaries to look for.
Reinforce If something reinforces an idea or opinion, it provides more proof or support for it and makes it seem true.
ex.The final technical report into the accident reinforces the findings of initial investigations.
Swap to give something to somebody and receive something in exchange
ex.I swapped my red scarf for her blue one.
Corresponding similar, or resulting from something else
ex.The cost of living in the city is more expensive, but salaries are supposed to be correspondingly higher.
Considerable large or of noticeable importance
ex.The fire caused considerable damage to the church.
Neighbourliness friendly and helpful behaviour, especially between people who live near each other
ex.a sense of community and neighbourliness
1. It will be better if you can mark the part of speech when looking up words in the dictionary.
ReplyDelete2. Vocabulary is an uncountable noun, so can't be become "vocabularies."
3. Nice comments, Anne.
Thank you for your correcting.
Delete